Other Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Things I don't like.

The other day I got into my time machine and travelled to the future to read one of Amber's posts, where she talked about how Pulp Fiction is one of her favourite movies, and I rolled my eyes.
I have a habit of disliking things that most normal people seem to love. Pulp Fiction being one of them. I think that Pulp Fiction, and Tarantino in general, are overrated. Everyone else seems to think that ERHMAHGERD IT'S THE BEST MOVIE EVERRRR

Here are some more things that I don't like, that everyone else loves:




Super heroes

Honestly, when I drop this one on some people they act as if I'd just murdered their favourite pet in front of them.









But I'm sorry, I've just never been into super heroes. I never read comics, so my limited experience of super heroes has come from superhero movies. First of all, I don't like action movies with guns and fighting and explosions and chase scenes, and to me that's what superhero movies are, except they have a central character who can't even figure out that UNDIES GO INSIDE THE PANTS.

Pictured above: Doing it wrong.
There are many more reasons I don't like them, and David Wong pretty much explains how I feel in this article on Cracked, in a much better and funnier way than I ever could.


Bruno Mars

I hate Bruno Mars and I hate his stupid face and his stupid songs and his stupid everything. But everyone else loves him, even my boyfriend.









I first became aware of Bruno Mars from his first annoying song, "Just The Way You Are". Not only is it a terrible song, but it also creates really awkward, embarrassing situations while in public for those of us who don't listen to the latest top 20 radio.



Please tell me that this has happened to someone else?

So after Bruno Mars became my nemesis by embarrassing me in public, I watched an episode of Glee where they sang "I Think I Wanna Marry You" and I didn't like it, and then I found out that it was Bruno Mars and I liked it even less.

He then followed up these two horrible songs with even more horrible, annoying songs such as "Hey Soul Sister", "The A Team", "I'm Yours",  and "Let Her Go" and my dislike of Bruno Mars turned into full on hate. But did you notice anything about that list? Yeah, not a single song is actually by Bruno Mars. Turns out that when I hear any song sung by a male artist that kind of annoys me I just assume it's Bruno Mars.

And then I heard "Locked out of Heaven" and kind of enjoyed it. So, Bruno Mars, I apologise and admit that maybe you're not that bad ... (but I still think you have a stupid face)


Swans

Everyone always seems to think swans are so majestical and beautiful and wondrous.

How everyone else sees swans:


 How I see swans:





Swans are not magical creatures, they are evil murderous hellbeasts. For instance, did you know that swans have teeth? TEETH!!



Look at those beasts! Also, look how ugly and gross its stupid head is.
In New Zealand they're even worse, because they're not even the white ones, they're black with red beaks, which makes them look even scarier.
I was on a week long field trip for uni a few years ago, and after four days of non stop mountain climbing and moss/lichen counting I was exhausted and I just wanted to go back to the camp and eat for a week and sleep for the rest of my life.

But a few of the American students that were with us spotted some swans down by the lake.

















2 comments:

  1. Did you know swans are a symbol of hypocracy in art? White ones, anyway. Because they have black flesh under all those pristine white feathers. Just one more reason not to like them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah swans are evil. Also they can do more than bite, they can break your limbs! Although I have to point out Amielia that there was a similar situation with a sea lion a few year ago...
    AMIE: Ohh I want to make friends with it.
    BETH AND FRAN: No. Don't. They are fast and dangerous.
    AMIE: Hai Sea Lion I brought you sardines.
    BETH AND FRAN: Ohmygodpanicattack
    Also NOT EVEN XMEN?! But wolverine. And Ian Mckellen!
    Um ansd Bruno Mars is the worst, and if someone proposed to me with a flash mob singing that song, I would say no. And maybe punch someone.

    ReplyDelete