Other Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I am flammable, part two.

Another time I caught on fire, I was standing in the lounge talking to my flatmates, when they all randomly starting laughing uncontrollably. Now, I think that I'm funny. In fact, I think that I'm the funniest person in the world, I frequently have myself in hysterics over my witty jokes. Thing is, nobody else seems to find me that funny, so I knew that wasn't why they were laughing.

Had I said something that could be considered as sexual innuendo? Nope, I'm normally the first person to pick up on something like that. Did I have something on my face? Nope, I was about to go out, so I was looking hot, and hadn't recently eaten anything messy, like chocolate or spaghetti (or lets face it, any type of food you could possibly think of, it is me we're talking about).

Then I noticed a strange smell... Kind of like when we tried to build a bonfire at school out of chip packets... why could I smell burning plastic?

I was standing in front of the heater to warm up, and sure enough, my skirt had caught on fire.

My thought pattern went like this:


 Why are they laughing?

What's that smell?

AHHHHHHHHHHH PANIC


HELP MEEEEEE!!!


PANICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC OH SHIT WHAT DO I DO??


I KNOW! I'll put out the fire....


WITH MY HANDS!


Problem solved.


Pictured above: a genius.

Now that I think of it, that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. If it was fully on fire, I could have burnt myself. Even though I've had "Stop Drop and Roll" drilled into my head since primary school, it was the last thing in my mind. Fire seems to have a strange effect on me where I lose all common sense.

One time Beth and I were cooking, and something that the boys had dropped on the element caught on fire. This time my thought pattern went:

Flames?




FIRE!!




PANIC!!!

WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO?



PANIC!!!



GET THE BUDGIES OUTSIDE SO THEY DON'T DIE FROM SMOKE INHALATION!!!



Luckily Beth is some sort of superhero, and quickly wet a teatowel, threw it on the element, and turned the element off.



I went on a big rant about how they should teach us essential skills (such as putting out fires) at school, instead of stuff like algebra... but as the "fire skirt" incident shows us, all knowledge disappears from my head when I see fire.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe I like that I stand there smiling kind of vacantly while things burn. I also like my cape. And I pretty much like you too, I guess. JOKING! I looooove you and your blog x a million.

    ReplyDelete