Other Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

When I grow up I want to be....

Like most little girls, I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up.
Unlike most little girls, I did not want to be any of the following:

Movie star

Vet


Princess

Ballet dancer



Nope. I wanted to be an opera singer.

I grew up listening to musicals.





I sang all the time. I learnt all the lyrics by heart.  The fact that I CANNOT sing in tune didn't stop me.

__________________________________

Another thing I wanted to be was an author. I absolutely loved writing. I would write stories about everyone in my class in primary school. We would be going on holidays, or we would all be animals, or we would be solving mysteries.

Oh, and everyone always got brutally killed.

We did a project on the Wahine disaster once, we had to do lots of little tasks about it. One of these tasks was imagining we were on the Wahine and writing a story about it. Most people did about 2 pages. Me? 23 pages. My whole class was on the Wahine, and most people had died in some horrible way before the boat even sank!

By the way, this is between the ages of 7-11. But did my teachers ever discourage me? No; they praised me instead. They even let me read the stories to the class.

Looking back, why on earth didn't they take me to the prinicpal? Call in my parents? Lock me away? I could have been a budding serial killer!

______________________________________

What do I want to be now? Well I've just finished my Bachelors degree in Marine Biology and Ecology, and I'm starting a Masters in Fisheries Management, but I'd be happy with a job that lets me scuba dive every day.

I learnt to scuba dive earlier this year. When I bought my gear I was so excited that I put on my mask, snorkel, booties, flippers and gloves and just chilled out in my room.


As for my past dreams?

I gave up writing after a girl in my class copied my story about the Wahine. But I still have hope that I will get rich and famous from this blog.

And I know that one day I will wake up with a fantastic voice and become a famous opera singer.

Also, the fact that I can't sing still doesn't stop me from singing all the time. Especially at work.

I'll be downstairs, happily singing....



While my boss will be upstairs in her office...




I'm pretty sure I'm going to get fired one day.

Another time at work Frank and I were listening to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. All the singing made us hungry, so we went to Subway to get our dinner. But instead of ordering normally, I sang the order to him.


So I now present to you -

THE SANDWICH OF THE OPERA





Marmalade Studios generously offered to record me singing for free (I wasn't sure if I should link them, since this probably isn't something that they want associated to them, but then he said that bad publicity is still publicity) and I made the video,

4 comments:

  1. Who said you couldn't sing in tune?? Oh, thats right... Im tone deaf!! HAHA *kidding on both accounts* hehe :P Love your posts, always make me laugh! YAY FOR YOUR DEBUT SONG!!! Singing and writing all in the one post... Maybe your dreams will come true? hehe.... <3 you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie, words cannot describe how awesome you are. And you can totally sing in tune that was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amielia thats actually kind of wonderful :) You have a pretty voice bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeeeey Amieme when are you going to post something about cats and not having nice things? And australia and stuff.
    I miss you :( Its really strange being in Wellington without you.
    love kitten.

    ReplyDelete