Other Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hospital

So the other night at work I smacked my head pretty hard on the fridge door, and that + really low blood sugar = a trip to the hospital. I'm ok, I only had mild concussion and I got to go home that night, but it's still pretty embarrassing.

It seems that whenever I injure myself I never have cool stories to tell, only embarrassing ones. I wish I had cool ones, like.....

"I bailed in the terrain park after getting some sweet air"







"I was the victim of a hit and run as I tried to stop some bank robbers getting away"




"I was fighting a tiger"

But no, instead it's:

"I hit a small bump and fell over" = possible fractured wrist, turned out it was only a bad sprain (but the doctors didn't bother telling me that until I'd already had the cast on for ten days)




"My mother accidentally ran me over with the car" = sprained ankle and squished foot

Pictured above: Exactly what I said. There's no way I would have just grunted "bye" as I ran from the car, cos I'm such an awesome child and all that.



"I was playing with my dog and got his paw in my eye" = scratched eye, leading to the discovery that I'd pretty much been blind in one eye for my whole life anyway.





Some other injuries I've had:

"I dropped a pot lid on my toe" = broken toe

"I got angry and in my rage I tripped over the vacuum cleaner" = broken toe
Pictured above: Pure rage

"I hit my head on the roof" = concussion


I wish I could say "I was saving a bunch of orphans from a burning building"

but really I stepped on my hair straightener. I was getting ready for a fancy dress birthday party, and I'd decided to dress as a ladybug.
Pictured above: Awesomeness

So there I was, looking SUPER cute in my ladybug costume, had just finished straightening my hair, turned the straightener off, put it on the floor, and stepped on it. Keep in mind that GHDs get up to around 200°C . I now had a burn on the bottom of my foot, about 1 inch by 4 inches. It hurt soo bad and I couldn't walk, so I needed crutches, so off I went to the hospital.

Dressed as a ladybug.
Pictured above: Shame

The nurses assumed that I'd been to a party, got drunk and hurt myself. I had to explain to them that no, I was getting ready for the party, I wasn't drunk, just clumsy. They bandaged me up, gave me some crutches, and I rocked up to the party an hour late, on crutches, and in an awesome ladybug outfit.

9 comments:

  1. Personally I think "my mum ran over me with the car" is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm thinking I may need some extra insurance if I'm going to keep you on the payroll....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only the second time I've smacked my head at work... in the last two months! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg my mother did the same thing to me! And I still had to do my pamphlet run. It's amazing how many of these stories I actually remember - and the spider ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMFAO Tiffany I love your mother!! That's so mean to make you still do your pamphlet run though!

    Your face is rubbish Zak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should wear a helmet everywhere. It could be your thing. Also a foot helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amie I'm bored, write another story with funny pictures??? Pleeeease?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to write one tonight:) I had an awesome idea as well, but didn't write it down and now I forgot it:( Waah!

    ReplyDelete