Other Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Spiders

Saying that I'm scared of spiders is a bit of an understatement. I'm absolutely terrified of them. I'm 22 years old, and they still make me cry.

I'm a biology student, and I had to do one paper all about animals. A part of this was spiders, and I couldn't even go to the classes or labs for it because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. I asked the teacher to give me some special notes with pictures removed, but that fell through, so I ended up reading about them on Wikipedia to study for my test. (I don't care what my lecturers say, Wikipedia is a legit source)

So I'm sitting in the library at uni, studying hard on wikipedia. Now look on any random wikipedia page, and you'll see that the pictures are always down the right hand side. Being the innovative genius that I am, I decided to hold up a book along the right hand side of the page to hide any pictures.


So I'm happily studying.... well, not really *happily* studying.




But I'm studying away, minding my own business, when


BOOM SPIDER! AHHHHHHHHHH!



And I burst into tears in the middle of the library.

Another time, sitting at home, flicking through the channels on the giant HD TV.



BOOM SPIDER! AHHHHHHHHHH!


And I vomit.

Another time, checking facebook.



WORRY ABOUT SPIDER! AHHHHHHHHHH!



And I worried so much that I vomited.

At home, find a spider in my room.




Flatmates are all asleep, can't wake them up, sleep on couch.

Another time I'm nearly asleep when..




BOOM SPIDER! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Run to parents, ask them to remove spider.



(not their exact words, but along those lines) So I went and stayed at my boyfriends house for the night..

Now I know that "oh they're harmless, they're more scared of you than you are of them, ect" (which is stupid anyway, I've never seen a spider cry when it sees me) but I DON'T CARE!! If you'd had to endure the trauma that I had when I was a child, you'd be scared of them too!

My sister and I were playing while waiting for my father to finish a bike race. I was young, probably about seven years old. I found a spiders nest in a bush, and thought it was pretty so I wanted to take it home. After an epic struggle, I managed to rip the branch off, and I took home my new treasure.



Yes, I knew it was a spiders nest, yes I knew there were spiders in there, but at that stage I wasn't scared of spiders. Also, I wanted pets.

I have no idea why my parents didn't tell me not to take it. Come to think of it, they probably did and I just didn't listen because I WANTED PET BABY SPIDERS DAMMIT.

Anyway, I left the spiders nest in my room, and pretty much forgot about it.

One day, I found a baby spider.



YAY PET BABY SPIDER!

I soon found more baby spiders.

YAY PET BABY SPIDERS!!

And more

YAY MORE PET BABY SPIDERS!

And more..


BABY SPIDERS!

And more...


SPIDERS?

And more...


MORE SPIDERS?

And more...

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP NO MORE SPIDERS



And more...

NOOOO NO MORE SPIDERS I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE GO AWAY

And MORE

AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE!!!


Spiders everywhere in my room. EVERYWHERE!

So yeah, that's why I'm scared of spiders.

I'm not really sure how to end this post, and it was kind of traumatising so here, look at some ducklings in a cup.

3 comments:

  1. Internal Server Error! Internal Server Error! No Ducklings In A Cup! No Ducklings In A Cup! Traumatised! Traumatised! Soo Traumatised! Soo Traumatised!


    P.s Poor Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ducklings in a cup? Oh no! :( Sorry. I guess that teaches me for stealing other peoples pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I demand cup ducklings! What kind of a lying blog is this?!
    Also I totally saved you from that spider when I arrived in the morning and found you on the couch. Yus! Am SUPER BETH X 2!
    The couch however is not super. Most uncomfortable thing I have ever drunkenly slept on.
    You said I should comment even if I rambled.

    ReplyDelete