Other Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My puppy

Meet Sutherlands Viceroy. (aka Uli)

He's my puppy.

When he poops/vomits/does something naughty, he's my father's dog.


Although at nearly 9 years old, 30kg and 70cm high at the shoulder he's not really a puppy anymore. The first time my sister's fiance came to our house, he refused to get out of the car when he saw Uli.


He's a German Shorthaired Pointer, most people have no idea what that is though, so when they ask what breed he is I say "a big brown one" and then they look at me as if I'm stupid.

______________________________

When we first got him, he was an outside dog. He had to sleep in the shed out the back, and was only allowed inside very rarely, but over the years he has become more and more spoiled. Now he's allowed all through the house... Although he still gets in trouble when I let him sit on the couch with me.



For his 7th birthday, my mother got him a whole chicken.
  Which she then put into the oven and warmed up to "chicken body temperature".
 And gift wrapped.


I would have liked a chicken for my birthday. Just saying.

______________________________

He was very naughty when he was little. We ended up having to get dog psychologists to help us train him. Even then, he didn't fully settle down until he was about 5 years old. Every now and then, he's naughty again.

One day he disappeared for a while, and returned a bit later with a bone.
They had no idea where the bone came from, until a few weeks later when they bumped into one of our neighbours.

Turned out he'd just casually walked in through their front door....
Through their house...


Out to their backyard, where their dog had a bone....

Took her bone....

Walked back through their house....

And out the front door, back to our place.

______________________________

My dad once found a little baby bird which had fallen out of its nest.
He picked it up and put it back in the nest.
It then fell back out of the nest.
He put it back in the nest.
 It fell out again
And Uli ran up and gobbled the baby bird up in one go.


______________________________

As I've been sitting here writing this blog, my dad is telling me off for making Uli look too fat. So I'll include an actual photo of him so you can all see how pretty he is...



There are many more stories, I will do another post about him sometime.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I love your posts Amie!! You make me piss my pants!!! LOL LOL LOL! See you tomorrow!!

    PS: They were great little stories! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: That should have been in quotation marks...

    "You make me piss my pants"

    PPS: To other readers - its an inside joke! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uli's breed and birds do not get along. Especially the birds that are delicious to humans. Uli likes to go around telling hunters where birds are hiding, so they can shoot them, but you probably already knew that.

    ReplyDelete