Other Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Eco warrior princess

As a biology student, I'm passionate about the environment. I like to do my bit to help save the planet. Unfortunately, since it's me, I fail quite a lot.

After going to Tasmania for a holiday and eating more KFC in those two weeks than I'd eaten in my whole life, I discovered that it was actually quite delicious. One day at work, I decided to get some for dinner.




So I went on a crusade to stop palm oil




Until a few weeks later when...

I got a craving. Now I get cravings every now and then, and when I get them, it feels like I have to eat it right then or I will die. Sometimes I will crave things I don't even like, like avocado, or random things that nobody would even think to eat, like peanut butter and salami sandwiches. And I think about them and think about them and think about them until the point where I feel like I'm about to explode if I don't eat/drink it RIGHT NOW!


Palm oil? What palm oil?

________________________________


I like to try and save on petrol. Not because of petrol prices, but because I want to save the environment.






I actually got to the end of the street before I realised. I'm so awesome.

_______________________________

You always hear about overfishing, and how bottom trawling is bad, blah blah blah, but I never realised how bad commercial fishing is until I took a paper about it at uni. I decided not to eat any commercially caught fish, because I don't want to support the industry at all. I'm also going to do masters in fisheries management, so that I can help save the world! Yay!!

Anyway, because I wasn't eating fish, I decided to buy some omega-3 capsules so that I would still be healthy.


Pictured above: Someone who is smart and healthy.

One day I was telling Sara about how smart and healthy I am...





As soon as I got home, I found the packet and had a good look at it.


The packet CLEARLY said fish oil capsules, and even had pictures of fish on it! FML.

____________________________________

I just like to think that it's the thought that counts... right?

Pictured above: Planetsaver.

6 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! brilliant. You make me smile. Subway's bread has palm oil in it. I don't eat subway or KFC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish you hadn't said that Anna, I pretty much live off Subway!! Nooooooooo! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeeeeeeeeeeee that is pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Amie. The pictures made me lol :)

    ReplyDelete